- Adding animated effects to elements. jQuery lets you easily add effects such as fading in/out, sliding in/out, and expanding/contracting.
- Manipulating the DOM You can easily add, remove, and reorder content in the Web page using just a couple of lines of code.
- Creating image slideshows. You can use jQuery effects to build nice animated slideshows and lightboxes.
- Making drop-down menus. jQuery makes it easy to create multi-level dropdowns with animations.
- Creating drag-and-drop interfaces. Use jQuery to build a page with elements that can be repositioned or reordered simply by dragging and dropping.
- Adding power to forms. With jQuery you can easily add complex client-side form validation, create auto-complete Ajax text fields that pull data from a server-side database, and so on.